National Hot Mulled Cider Day
The smell of autumn in a mug is all you need as the leaves begin to change, the days are getting shorter, and temperatures begin to drop. Fall is upon us, pumpkin spiced lattes are back, and everyone is just as basic as they always have been…dragging their significant others dressed in matching flannel to pick apples, pumpkins, and take sweet Instagram pics.
Well, why not put those weekend farm trips to good use?! Buy some cider and let’s make hot mulled cider to celebrate the holiday! Here’s a recipe for you, so enjoy.
- 16 cups pure apple juice or fresh apple cider
- Four 2-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges, peels and juice
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 star anise
- 1-2 oz. of brandy, spiced rum, or apple brandy
- Place all ingredients except for your liquor in a medium saucepan and simmer on low-heat for ten minutes. Place 1-2oz. of your favorite liquor in the bottom of your mugs, pour over the warm cider, and garnish with a cinnamon stick or orange peel.
Enjoy the cider!