National Peppermint Pattie Day
Who doesn’t look a good ol’ peppermint patty? Did you know that York Peppermint Pattie’s were first made in 1940? Well, the delectable chocolates took off and dominated the market for years. Between the crisp texture and delicious taste, they’re hard to resist!
Have you tried any peppermint patty cocktails or shots? Well, here’s a couple for you to enjoy while celebrating this day!
- 2 ounces chocolate vodka
- 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 3/4 ounce RumChata Cream Liqueur
- Garnish: Peppermint Patty candy
Directions: Shake all ingredients and serve in an old-fashioned glass over ice. Garnish with a Peppermint Pattie!
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka
- 1⁄2 oz. Crème de menthe
- 1⁄2 oz. Chocolate liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz. Cream
Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a Peppermint Pattie.
- 1 ounce of peppermint schnapps
- ½ ounce of dark crème de cacao
- ¼ ounce of crème de menthe
- 1 package of hot chocolate mix
Directions: Pour all liquor into a mug and add hot chocolate. That simple!
Here’s what you do: Pour yourself a shot of peppermint schnapps. Take the shot, tilt your head back and have a friend squeeze some chocolate syrup in your mouth. Then, have your friend give you some whipped cream on top. Swallow and enjoy – super classy!
Cheers and enjoy,