Happy National American Beer Day!
National American Beer Day is observed on October 27thby all beer loving Americans across the nation. So how do you celebrate? Well this year October 27thfalls on a Saturday which means you can drink all the beer you want! So go out, pick up a case, and support your country’s beer industry!
And for your wisdom, a few fun facts about US beer:
- In 2017, the U.S. beer industry shipped (sold) 207.4 million barrels of beer
- Based on beer shipment data and U.S. Census population statistics, U.S. consumers 21 years and older consumed 26.9 gallons of beer and cider per person during 2017.
- The U.S. beer industry sells more than $111.1 billion in beer and malt-based beverages to U.S. consumers each year.
- According to the Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau’s preliminary reports, there were 5,648 reporting brewery facilities/locations in the United States in 2017. This is an increase of about 552 from 2016.
- In 1983, there were 49 breweries in the United States.
- Americans spend more on beer than Ukraine spends on everything
- Despite the rising popularity of a number of craft brews and other types of beer, Anheuser-Busch beers still command the largest part of the U.S. market.
- President Obama is the first to brew his own beer in the White House. George Washington brewed beer and distilled whiskey at Mount Vernon and Thomas Jefferson made wine, but there was no evidence of anything brewed or distilled in the White House.
That’s it! Hope you enjoy the holiday and remember to hashtag all of your beer pics @ #AmericanBeerDay