National Beer Lover’s Day
Friday, September 7th, 2018 is Beer Lover’s Day! A holiday celebrating us! Let us all drink the best beer, with the best people, in celebration of ourselves and the love for beer.
For all of you that don’t know, there has been a lot of experimental brewing going on. Stockholm is brewing beer from purified sewage water, The Order of Yoni is selling beer made from the lactic acid bacteria from the vagina of a “unique woman”, and Nørrebro Bryghus has made “Pisner,” a brew made from 50,000 gallons of pee that was used to fertilize malted barley. What is next?! Is the beer industry taking things too far? Tell us what you think!
Instead of trying these crazy concoction, modern brews, how about buy some of your favorite beer, toss them back, or craft up some fantastic beer cocktails! You have options people. Here goes…
The Holy Mole
- 2 oz. Mezcal
- .75 oz. cinnamon syrup
- .5 oz. Cynar
- 5 oz. coco porter – some tpe of porter with coco nibs and coconut
Directions: Stir all ingredients together and serve in a chilled cocktail glass.
Hops of Wrath
- 2 oz. west coast IPA
- 1 oz. bourbon
- ¾ oz. Cappelletti apertivo
- ½ oz. Meyer lemon cordial
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- 3 dashes yuzu bitters
- Lemon peel garnish
Directions: Put all ingredients in a shaker and shake well. Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice, garnish with lemon peel and enjoy!
- 2 oz. Cabeza Tequila
- ¾ oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 4 oz. Modelo Especial Beer
- Salt and lime wheel garnish
- Coat glass with salt and fill with ice. In a shaker combine the tequila, lime juice, Cointreau and ice. Shake well and strain into glass. Top with beer and garnish with a lime wheel.
Hope you enjoy these beertails as much as I do!
Cheers and Happy Beer Lovers Day,