National Stewart’s Root Beer Day!
Founded in 1924 by Frank Stewart, Stewart’s Fountain Classics set out to be the world’s best root beer. These old fashioned fountain sodas were a hit once Stewart started his drive-up root beer stands in 1924. My favorite times when I was younger used to be going to a Stewart’s Restaurant close to my house and ordering a root beer float. Root beer and ice cream in a frozen glass? Can’t beat that!
Although Stewart only started out with Root Beer, the Fountain Classics now offer a variety of flavors! Stewart’s serves up Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, Birch Beer, Black Cherry, Cherries ‘n Cream, Cream Soda, Grape Soda, Orange ‘n Cream, Diet Orange ‘n Cream,, and Key Lime. They have come a long way!
Want to make a cocktail using Stewart’s Root Beer to celebrate this national day? Try mixing these up:
- Vodka, Rum, Stewart’s Root Beer
- Bailey’s Irish Cream, Stewart’s Root Beer, Ice
- Guinness Stout, Stewart’s Root Beer
- Spiced Rum, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Stewart’s Root Beer
- Absolut Vodka, Licor 43, Stewart’s Root Beer
- Jägermeister, Stewart’s Root Beer
Or, you can just try one of these instead!
Enjoy the weekend!