National Root Beer Float Day!
Do you have a case of the Monday blues? Or are these Dog Days of Summer getting the best of you? You are in luck, today, August 6th, is ‘National Root Beer Float Day’. They will cool you off and cure those blues when you add some booze! Enjoy some of these spiked Root Beer floats! Below are some of our favorite recipes, try them out and let us know what you think.
Whiskey Root Beer Floats
- 3 Ounces Jack Daniel’s Whiskey.
- 2 12 Ounce Bottles Stewart’s Root Beer.
- 2-3 Scoops French Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Hot Fudge or Chocolate Sauce (Optional)
Chill a beer glasses in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add one scoop of ice cream to the bottom of the glass. Pour chilled Stewart’s Root Beer and whiskey over the ice cream. Stir together. Add one to two more scoops of ice cream to mixture. Top with whipped topping, hot fudge or chocolate sauce.
RumChata Root Beer Float
- 1 part RumChata
- 3 parts Stewart’s Root Beer
In a tall glass, pour root beer over ice, then add RumChata to cooled root beer.
Whipped Vodka – Root Beer Float Recipe
- 2 ounces Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
- 4 – 6 ounces Stewart’s Root Beer
- 1/2 full Frosted Mug of ice
- cover top of glass with Redi whipped cream
Mix together vodka and root beer in a chilled mug of ice, top with whipped cream and stir.
Bourbon Vanilla Root Beer Float
- 4 teaspoons vanilla paste
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 bottles good quality root beer, chilled
In a chilled glass, evenly distribute the vanilla paste and the bourbon. Stir them together. Then add the vanilla ice cream, top them off with chilled root beer.
Grown-up Root Beer Float with Schnapps!
- 3/4 cup root beer, separated
- 2 oz butterscotch schnapps
- 1 generous scoop vanilla ice cream
- Maraschino cherries, optional
Pour half of the root beer into the mug then add vanilla ice cream. Pour the butterscotch schnapps over the top of the ice cream then top with remaining root beer. Adding root beer at the end will help create foam.