‘Tis the Season for Cocktails!
Whether it’s Christmas brunch, 8 crazy nights of Hanukkah, New Years Eve, or anything in between, you will definitely be poppin’ some bubbly and drinking festive drinks. Instead of just have the regular ole cocktail, why not impress your guests, and mix it up a bit with some of our favorite champagne and cocktail recipes. These range from simple garnishes to delicious cocktails, we hope you enjoy!
Image from http://www.foodnetwork.com.
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 large orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in 1/2
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours before serving. Serve over ice.
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne
- White Creme de Cocoa
- candy canes
- In a ziplock bag, crush 1 whole candy cane with a rolling-pin or something sturdy until you are left with a semi fine powder.
- Dip the rims of your champagne flutes in a small dish of White Creme de Cocoa and then in the crushed candy cane.
- Fill champagne glasses 1/3 full with White Creme de Cocoa and then the rest of the way with chilled Champagne.
- Garnish with a whole candy cane.
Image from delish.com.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 c. whole fresh cranberries
- 1 c. green grapes, halved
- 1 c. pomegranate seeds
- 1 c. sparkling grape juice
- 1 bottle champagne, prosecco, or cava
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, add apples, cranberries, grapes, and pomegranate seeds. Pour over sparkling grape juice and champagne just before serving.
Christmas Cookie cocktail
Image from http://mixthatdrink.com.
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce Carolan’s Irish Cream
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in all three ingredients. Shake thoroughly until chilled, then strain the mixture into the glassware of your choice.
Red Rudolph Cocktail
Image from mixthatdrink.com.
- 1/2 ounce orange curacao
- 3/4 ounce cinnamon schnapps
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 6 ounces cranberry juice
- Heat the cranberry juice until it’s hot. Pour everything else into an Irish coffee mug and then slowly add the hot juice. The temperature of the drink will be warm. Top it with whipped cream and garnish with sugar sprinkles on top.
Chocolate Gelt Cocktail
Image from http://www.thedailymeal.com.
- 3 Ounces chocolate vodka
- 1 Ounce Goldschläger
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
Let us know what one you try, and have a wonderful holiday season!