9 Hangover Cures
New Year’s Eve is 9 days away! We have begun the countdown to help you prepare for the biggest party of the year! Today, we are giving you the best hangover cures to help start 2017 on the best foot. Just in case you missed the start of the countdown, here’s 10 classic champagne cocktails. Cheers to 2017!
As always, you should drink in moderation, and alternate drinks with water to avoid hangovers. However, we know it’s New Years Eve, and it could be difficult. So we came up with 8 other cures to make sure you don’t start 2017 struggling to get out of bed!
9. Hopefully your drunk self is looking out for your hungover self and will put a sports drink on the nightstand! You need to start your morning off by re-hydrating your body with electrolytes and vitamins! My go to is the red Powerade!
8. Who knew Honey can neutralize the harmful effects of alcohol, making it a great hangover cure. I know I didn’t but I can not wait to try! Dr. M.P. Mani suggests “Taking 3-4 teaspoons of honey after an interval of one hour helps in digesting alcohol. However, the quantity of honey maybe increased if the hangover is acute and severe.”
Image from http://www.allthethingsieat.com
7. If you wake up work feeling nausea, pull up seamless and order your favorite greasy foods. This will help break down the alcohol lingering in your body. Pork roll, egg, and cheese please!
6. Hopefully, after you eat you will feel better, but if not try Ginger, Peppermint, or Green Tea. These are perfect herbal teas to help with stomachaches. I perfer Green tea, not only does it have caffeine, but it is great for the liver and helps detox your body (perfect for post drinking)
5. Eat miso soup for breakfast! I haven’t tried this one yet, but experts say it will help with digestion, and replenish your body with minerals such as zinc, phosphorus, and iron.
Image from http://www.wellbuzz.com.
4. This one is for the pickle lovers, or the daring. Take a shot of pickle juice before going to bed! According to Dr. Oz “The salt in pickle juice helps replenish electrolytes in your system and hydrates your body to combat the effects of alcohol in your system”
3. If your head is pounding, first try drinking water or coconut water. However, if it’s still pounding then pop some ibuprofen and take a power nap!
2. Have you ever woke up after a night of drinking going, “I’m so hungover I need an IV!”? Well, The Hangover Club is here to make your dream come try! This is the more expensive way to help you feel better, but if you can handle needles, the price, and know you’ll be over indulging, book your appointment ASAP! If you do this, please let us know about your experience.
Image from http://andrewzimmern.com.
1. When in doubt hair of the dog! Continue the celebration of the New Year with your friends either at a bar or at home. My go to is a delicious Bloody Mary to ease my way back.
Enjoy New Years Eve, be safe, and responsible. Hopefully you won’t be on the struggle bus, but if you are don’t forget our hangover cures! If we missed your go to cure, let us know it!!